Furious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious

Furious guild forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aleugh's Guide to Prince (RG1)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aleugh

Aleugh's Guide to Prince (RG1) Empty
PostSubject: Aleugh's Guide to Prince (RG1)   Aleugh's Guide to Prince (RG1) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:06 pm

Hey guys. Aleugh here, and I'm here to write some quick guides for the bosses through Karazhan. It seems we spend too much time explaining tactics as we have 1 or 2 people who have never done bosses, so I thought it would be best to explain the tactics we've used in the past and know work.

First up is Prince. He is one of the last bosses, perhaps the last but difficulty of the others can change people's opinion, but he has by far the best loot of them all.

Preferred Group Setup

1 Tank
3 - 4 Healers
5 - 6 DPS

We have done it with 3 healers, but if you have a druid tank or a slightly undergeared tank a fourth healer may be necessary. Hybrid classes such as Shamans or Druids may need to assist healing through Phase 2. Any OTs should switch to DPS gear as only one tank is needed.

Abilities

Infernal

Throughout the whole fight, Infernals will fall down from the sky and upon 5 seconds of landing will continuously blast wave for 1k per second. Although this damage can be resisted, NO party member should be caught up in it unless they are moving through.

Enfeeble

This will randomly target 5 platers, excluding the Main Tank, and lower their hp to 1. It also reduces their health regeneration and healing effects on them by 100%. This means one hit and they WILL die. This lasts roughly 10 seconds, and then returns players health to normal, so no need to heal them.

Shadow Nova

He will use this move a few seconds after Enfeeble. It is simply an Arcane Explosion type spell, with a push back. This hits for 3k base damage, but can be partially resisted, but this isn't usually necessary. After Melee are Enfeebled, they will IMMEDIATELY need to move over 30 yards away from Prince (to the ranged group) to avoid his Shadow Nova.

Shadow Word: Pain

He will cast this on the MT every now and again, and should immediately be dispelled since it only causes additional damage to him. My DBM will announce this ^^

Amplify Damage

During Phase 3 Prince will cast debuffs on random targets that increases damage taken by 100%. I don't think it is cast on the tank but since his DPS is lower again I expect it can be healed through. This cannot be dispelled.

Phases

Phase 1:

During Phase 1, Prince is relatively easy. He is simply a tank and spank, and is just a warmp up for the rest of the fight. During Phase 1, only 2 or 3 Infernals should spawn, which can be easily maneuvered around.

Phase 2:

In Phase 2, (60% HP) Prince will wield a pair of axes, which increase his DPS significantly, and also allow him to Cleave. Cleave won't be a problem as I will explain the placements later on. Apart from this, there is no difference between the two phases, other than healing is MUCH more intense, and healers should spam heal on the MT. It is suggested that the tank drinks an Ironshield Potion at this point, as crushing blows can easily kill the tank.

Phase 3:

At 30% HP, Prince starts Phase 3. This phase is quite different from the others. First off, his Infernals will summon faster, and so luck will need to be on your side otherwise you can be closed in and easily wiped. Also, he lets go of his axes, and his DPS returns to that of Phase 1. However, his axes will now travel around the rest of the party doing damage to them. The axes cannot be targetted or killed, so healers simply have to heal through it, and they will change target every 10-15 seconds. The axes do physical damage and can be avoided just the same as an NPC. Drinking an Invulnerability Potion could be helpful here, but I have never tried it myself. He will no longer use Enfeeble during this phase, so melee DPS can go all out. A new ability of his in Phase 3 is Amplify Damage. This simply debuffs a party member making them take double damage. If someone takes this debuff and has the axes on them, they will require a lot of healign attention, and hybrid targets (shamans, druids) may need to focus healing on them until the debuff wears off or axes move on to the next member. This debuff cannot be dispelled.

Placement

Placement of the group in Prince's fight is vital, and is very dynamic. There are preferred starting positions for the fight, but they don't play much of a major part. You will find many guides have different positions, and the luck of the infernals tend to sway your preference. We found it best to have Prince tanked on the far right corner as you look out onto his platform, with Casters at roughly 35 yards away from him near the door. This way you can travel across the room to the right if needed, and you can lure Prince to the door and have the casters move along to the left. We found this way worked best for us. I can't really explain the placement of melee/casters through the battle as it is entirely dependant on where the Infernal's land, but I will tell us where to move ^^. Another important fact is that the tank must face Prince and have his back to the wall. This because of two reasons: a) Shadow Nova pushback won't affect the Tank and b) Cleave won't hit the rogues attacking from behind.

Main Strategy

Well, the strategy isn't very hard, the fight is highly dependant on luck of the infernals landing away from the group. The tank will run in shortly followed by the rest of the group. He will get Prince tucked into the corner with his back to the wall, and after 4-5k threat is established DPS will begin. From 100% - 60%, DPS will be slow and steady, and only short CDs will be used (2-3 min). You will continue this DPS and move accordingly from where the Infernals spawn. Once he reaches 60%, more DPS should be added. Not necessarily all of your CDs and trinkets but enough to get him through the next 30% without the tank taking too much damage and the healers burning too much mana. The healers will have to spam heal the tank here, and the tank may have to use his CDs (Last Stand and Shield Wall). Once Prince reaches 30%, his axes go wild and enfeeble stops. This means all DPS classes can really rocket their DPS and burst all their CDs. This is an intense part of the battle as an unlucky infernal can wipe you if they are too clustered already. Maximise DPS and hopefully Prince should fall ^^
Back to top Go down

Aleugh's Guide to Prince (RG1)
Page 1 of 1